Monday, March 10, 2008

Tip of the Day

Shower Leak Solved!

I have fought with my shower since moving in almost two years ago. I noticed the first week I lived here that there was always water on the floor after showering. I tried several "fixes":
  • new shower head
  • new shower curtain
  • new shower liner
  • installed one of those self-adhesive shower/tub edges

but nothing solved the problem. I'd still find my bath mat completely soaked when I got out of the shower!

My soultion came like so many, a complete accident. This weekend after cleaning out my tub I sat there thinking I could surely "build a better mousetrap" to fix the problem, but I couldn't really figure anything out. I left my sponge on the edge of the tub and went about my life.

Next shower, I noticed that the floor was dry. It was the sponge! DUH! So, that is my solution for leaking shower/tub combinations. Leave a dry sponge at the corners and make sure you wring them out and let them dry before your next shower.

No comments: